WHY MAKE THE SWITCH?
Making the right EV choices for the future.
With the confirmed 2030 deadline for the end of new Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles and 2035 for the end of new Hybrid vehicles, businesses need to start preparing to make the switch. Electric vehicles (EVs) can provide immediate benefits to businesses. Not only are they better for the environment than ICE vehicles, but they can also be cheaper to run.
The Benefits of Electric Vehicles
Electric vans produce no CO2 or NOx emissions at the tailpipe
Meet financial, Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability goals, which in turn encourages a healthier environment
Vehicle excise duty (VED) or road tax is £0 for electric vans
No congestion charge for central London
Compliant with the current ULEZ and CAZ standards
EVs are quieter than petrol/diesel vehicles which means less noise pollution
BEV and ICE Comparison
Future battery technology and an expanding vehicle choice charging network will make the BEV more viable.
BEV: Battery Electric Vehicle
- One driveline electric motor/battery journey history
- Zero emissions
- Lower cost of recharging
- Exemption from the daily ULEZ and CAZ charges
- Time to recharge: 30 minutes to 12 hours
ICE: Internal Combustion Engine
- Combustion engine powered by fuel
- Tailpipe emissions (contributing to air pollution)
- Powered by fossil fuels e.g. Diesel/ Petrol
- Daily charge of £12.50 to enter ULEZ
- Time to refuel: 2-4 minutes on average
EV SUITABILITY CHECKER.
Are you ready to introduce EVs to your fleet? With many factors to consider, find out if your business is ready to make the transition to electric vehicles.